Wednesday, December 12, 2018

The Tables Have Turned

General Conference time is one of the best times of the year. (Two times a year!) I love to sit down with my family and enjoy time listening to the leaders of our church, being inspired, and coming closer to Christ.

This fall was the first time they had the Women's Session during the main block of conference. It now alternates between the Priesthood Session and the Women's Session. When Tyler has Priesthood Session, he watches it upstairs and I bring him dinner, so imagine my delight when Tyler offered to make dinner for us. (Well, I ran out of time and Tyler willingly offered to step in. Same difference.)

So we ladies sat together and watched conference, and Tyler made us lemon shrimp. Delicious.



Our conference wall has been going for five years now, I think. After each conference, we get new stickers and work to see if we can reread all the talks before the next conference.

The kids have been doing great. We have a reward for finishing, but the reward changes. (I can't seem to decide on a set prize. We have done all sorts of things...bowling, books, dinner, candy, etc.) This year we decided to go see a movie together. (Well, whoever read all the talks.)

By the time conference arrived, the wall was pretty full of stickers. In fact, everyone made it except Ivory. It was really hard to go to a movie without her, since it felt like a family event since most of us were there. But...sticking to my guns is something I try to do. Ivory seemed okay with it. And we didn't watch the movie for over a month after conference because nothing good was in the theaters. We finally went to see Wreck it Ralph 2.

Have you ever noticed how big Vanellope's ears are? They are the same size as Ralph's. She is still adorable, but that kid has some ears.


Of course, now the wall is clean again. Time to get stickers and start again. I think we can get 100% this next time.


No comments: