Saturday, December 22, 2018

Snake or Treat

Last year (um...this year) I posted about Halloween in February. So look how far ahead I am this year posting about Halloween at Christmas time. What matters is that it gets done sometime. Who cares when the memories are recorded? (Well...me a little)

Halloween was another day with no real time for a photo shoot. I made all the kids stand still for a minute when they got home from school. We always take some before they head out the door, but those are usually rushed too. (It is very hard to get five kids ready in costume before 7:30 in the morning.)

Let's start with Daisy. She chose a black and white cheerleader costume. It had a skull on it so she called it her Death Cheerleader costume.



Ivory wanted to be Harley Quinn, but the old school comic version, not the modern, slightly trashy version.



Robyn had her costume mapped out in her head months in advance. She even decorated the Vodoo doll at school as what she was planning to be.


I think she looks much cuter than the doll though. She made her own shirt.



Pearl went for simple and classy. Also comfortable. I was this last Halloween so I know it is pretty easy. I liked the pink at the tips of her dress.



Tyler and I did not have a plan for costumes this year. We had no reason to dress up, so I didn't plan anything for him. And if I don't plan it, it doesn't happen. Sorry Tyler. But I dressed up with June. We'll get there in a minute.

I did attend the school parade, but all my pictures of the girls were blurry. Even this picture of the T-rexes is blurry, but they really cracked me up.


In the evening, Tyler took the kids out Trick or Treating and I stayed home with June and the Skittles. It sounds like a band. These girls also made their own shirts. This is the first shirt that I exposed and cleaned by myself. (That may be why the S is a little messed up at the bottom, but who wants a perfect skittle?)


June, Christina, Hannah, and Lauren all went as skittles. Since they didn't have an orange, I tagged along just to have a costume. It worked out well. Sadly, Lauren couldn't come over to play games, so we are missing her in her purple skittle shirt. We had a blast playing games and handing out candy in between. The best part was when Ember came over and had a similar theme going on!


Meanwhile, back on the streets, the kids were filling their buckets with goodies. They had a haul.



Mathew went with them. He also took them to his cousin's house, who happened to have a snake. The girls had a great time holding it, although you'll notice there is no picture of Daisy. She must not have been up to the challenge.




I don't have pictures, but we also went to a Haunted Back Yard put on my our neighbors. It was awesome!! I really hope they do it again next year. I was very impressed. It was legit. And they obviously put a lot of time and effort into it. Maybe some of my girls will help out next year. Some are getting a big old for Trick or Treating.

When I was getting all these pictures in order, I realized that instead of skittles, maybe we were all dressed up as the sound a snake makes. What do you think? :)

No comments: