Saturday, December 21, 2019

Cranberries

The strange Thanksgiving Program at the Elementary is ruled by the 4th grade. They seem to be the only ones who do it. (It must be spearheaded by one of the teachers in 4th grade.) The first year we watched it, it was interesting, but I really didn't take many photos or record anything. I think I was just shocked by the experience. Sorry Daisy, but you did make the November Phone Dump.

Fast forward two years and it was Pearl's turn. She has the same teacher Daisy had, so she was the exact same characters in the play. She was a cranberry and also an Indian.

Granny V was still in town, so she got to come watch this production as well. (We really packed it in while she visited.) Each class takes turns singing. Pearl's class joined in on a song about Thanksgiving being on Thursday. I only caught half of it, but if you listen closely, you can hear Tyler whisper Thursday next to me. (I dared him to yell out THURSDAY!—a long standing joke in our family. I know it would have made Pearl laugh, but he didn't want to disturb the other parents.)



Then it was Pearl's class' turn to get up and sing their other solo songs. They did their cranberry song first. I think I am most impressed that the kids lined up in the right order and CRANBERRIES was spelled correctly. Pearl is the second E. The first E is a boy, so it is pretty easy to tell them apart.





There was also the Indian song, but I didn't record that. The kids did such a good job, even though the story is still weird.


In the end, they all come together to sing this great song about how Thanksgiving is not about all those other things, but it is about being grateful. Pearl is right smack dab in the middle. Can you see her cute glasses?


I'm glad we were able to attend her performance. No more kids coming through 4th grade, so this is probably the last one of these. And that's okay.

No comments: