Monday, December 23, 2019

November Chatbook 2019

Here I am putting the month of November to bed and we aren't even out of December yet. (It's the simple things in life that make me happy.) November was such a fun busy month. Let's take a look at what we were up to.

Daisy made this fun activity where the family divided onto teams and each opened a 'shop'. Ivory and I had the spa shop and we pampered June who was the guinea pig. Daisy and Pearl had an art shop, which was very cute. Robyn and Dad had a makeup shop, which they turned into a tattoo parlor. Don't worry though. Dad did his makeup anyway. Isn't he cute? And I like the tattoo they gave June.



The Hulse's invited us to see Vocal Point. I haven't seen a men's a cappella group in a long time. This one was not the best. Don't get me wrong, some of the songs were fun, but overall, I was expecting a bit more. Their beat boxer was amazing though. That guy could do almost any sound. He spent a whole ten minutes doing his thing. I was blown away. Tyler got a pretty cool shot of them on stage. They liked to shine really bright lights on the audience, which was annoying but gave a cool effect to the picture.



Pearl had her book bizarre. She worked on her project for weeks. I was proud of her end result. She did Fantastic Mr. Fox, and although there were many tears trying to figure out the process, it was a good learning experience.


Randomly Robyn painted Ivory's face in a day of the dead style. Actually, considering the theme for Marching Band, I guess it wasn't that random.


Speaking of Marching Band, we had the final banquet evening, where awards were given out and people appreciated. I didn't take any pictures, but Tyler caught me holding Abby's new baby. Abby works at my school but is married to the Marching Band director. She hadn't been at school because of her new bundle of joy and I got to snuggle him for a minute while she ate.


Ivory got a new dress, but that isn't the point of this picture. Nova seems quite content.


I went with Camille to check out the Vampire Penguin which is a gourmet shaved ice place a couple cities away. It was very interesting, but that isn't the picture I took. She got an undercut and I thought it was so cool. I don't think I have enough hair to pull it off. But it is tempting to try something new.


As usual, Sharon has been busy at school. She made an entire school of Hogwarts outside the library. It was so detailed down to the torches. The library was so boring before she arrived.



Gotta have at least one picture of someone sleeping. I don't think June was sick. I think she was just tuckered out. School and work will do that to you.


General Conference has been so exciting the last couple of years. Something seems to change every time we meet. So I got a kick out of this picture someone took around Halloween of all the things that are have been changed or left behind. All the changes are good. But it was good for a laugh.


Although my kids did a bucket load of art over the summer, only ONE submitted something for Reflections. And she moved on to the next level with her video. Good job Daisy.


Daisy is also moving on to Young Women's next year. They had a recognition night (for Activity Days) and she got to talk about some of her favorite activities. She even got a little emotional. She will miss all the leaders and girls. They gave out awards and Daisy got MOST SWEET and Pearl got MOST DARING.



I've been going back to church choir on Sunday mornings. I forgot to attend for a while, but with Christmas coming up, they always ask for more singers. Radi happened to sit behind me the other day and I found this on my phone later. What a funny kid. He stole my phone and took a selfie without me noticing. Props.


Mario Kart is a big thing around here again. Tim Kelly got Daisy another Wii for her birthday since ours was broken. But the Mario Kart disc wasn't working. But when the kids got it to work again, I find them like this all the time. Ivory is ready for a night in the play, but that doesn't stop her from doing a little racing before showtime.


The older girls met Jesus. Or at least the actor who played Jesus in many of the videos put out by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Saints. It was a special thing just for June's seminary class, but she told Robyn to come. I love that they think of each other when cool things happen.


Our vacuum has been struggling. It is not surprising because any vacuum around here is dealing with a boatload of hair. One might think a yeti lives with us. When I clean it out, it looks like a small rodent curled up on the floor. And sometimes it looks more like a large rodent. Oh...the hair.


I don't remember why June took this selfie but I like her cute braids and her flowered shirt.


Fun fact: June likes anklets. She wears one all the time. Or at least she has for a couple years. She has been wearing the same cute anklet for a long time, but it was starting to fray and the string was getting really thin. So I picked up some more for her while on the cruise. So she added them on. But her first anklet eventually snapped. It had a long happy life on her ankle and it will be remembered fondly.


I made some breakfast cookies for the girls lunches. The recipe only made enough for the girls to have two each exactly. Tyler is known to wander through the kitchen and partake of food if it is there. I didn't want him to deprive a child of lunch, so I was going to tell him not to eat any, but the girls came up with a better idea.


I'm not sure if he believed the sign, but it is not worth risking it with his kidneys. So he steered clear.

June tried out a smaller version of the ribbon weave on Ivory's hair. I like the smaller one too.


I apologize for this next picture. It is so disturbing. June was practicing Photoshop in her photography class. They were assigned to swap faces on the faculty pictures. So she went to my school website and put my face on Mrs. Taylor's head. It wasn't the best picture year for me in the first place, but this is a whole new level of creepy.


I'm not sure what is happening here, but it seems what happens at Marching Band Tour...stays at Marching Band Tour.


Here is some more art from Robyn. This is a water color piece she is working on. I didn't notice right away, but they are both blind. They both have white canes.


Are we there yet? So much this month. The last Saturday of the month, I took the girls to see Frozen 2. (I owed them a movie since they were so good while we were gone on the cruise.) Christina came with us and then came over for lunch after. It was a really fun morning/afternoon and yes, the movie was great.




That's about it. There is one more gem I'll leave with you. This photo is actually from October. I went with a friend to an escape room. It was for her birthday. I didn't know anyone else really. It was all her family. I remember it being very crowded and when they took the picture, I just squished in. When she showed it to me later, it looks like I am a couple with her brother. She zoomed in on us when she showed me and I had no context for the photo. I looked at it a long time trying to figure out why I was in some photo with some guy I didn't remember. She got a kick out of that. Tyler was less amused. :)


And there you have it. November in a nut shell. We are always up to something. And I'm glad I keep track of the random.

No comments: