Monday, December 9, 2019

Speed Racer

Tyler's group of real estate guys are quite the spirited bunch. They like to do interesting activities. Most of the time I'm not involved so I don't pay a lot of attention. But they decided to do a group date and invite all the wives. And they decided to go racing. So we went to The Grid. It is a place for indoor go-kart racing. I was actually a little nervous. I just don’t want to mess up my back in any way. But I put on a brave face. Also, the girls went first, so I hardly had any time to think about it. And Tyler wasn’t even there. He was coming from shooting with Eric, and he got a little behind. He missed my entire race.


The race was intense. I was third in line and they let you onto the track spaced out. I was behind Caroline. The first lap is definitely figuring out the course. You need to know where all the turns are. After that, you start to put on speed. My focus was tight corners and keeping the speed. I actually only touched the brake once because I wanted to know how it felt. There was a boost button, but when I touched that it didn’t seem to do anything. I kept waiting to feel this boost of power, but nothing. You got one boost per lap, but I rarely used mine after it seemed to do nothing. For a long while I was right behind Caroline. It was actually a little tricky to pass and I didn’t want to bump her. When she figured out I was behind her, she moved over. I think I passed three or four people. I never saw Janille at all. We stayed opposite each other. But I passed Carrie and Melissa. Overall, when we finished, my body was tense from trying to keep on the speed. We did a lot of laps. I didn’t see the leader board. There were so vague about everything. They did give instructions, but not a lot. So no one told us to go look at the scores. We didn’t see them until the guys. 

Next up were the guys. But sadly, Tyler didn’t arrive in time. He was close, but he came in right after they started so he couldn’t race with them. We waited around and finally the guys were done. I think Aric won. I can’t really remember. Another group was getting ready to go and this time Tyler was going and Aric decided to race again. Check out Tyler getting ready and looking good in his helmet.



Tyler is in his race car and ready to take off.



I took some video and then went into the arcade and played in there for a while during the race. It is the same thing going round and round after all. I really liked the basketball game in the arcade. It was shooting hoops, but it was a connect 4 game, so you were trying to make it in the correct spots so you could connect your four colors. Caroline played with me. We played a few times and I always won. I thought it was great. She maybe didn't like it quite as well. Here is the video of Tyler racing. (At least I think it is him. It is hard to tell when they are moving so fast.)


Also Jason made a really cool video of the whole thing that you can see on facebook. I'm just not sure how to download it to here. So use the link. https://www.facebook.com/hiveREcollective/videos/759921381123510/

Then Tyler was done. We went to check out scores. He didn’t come in first, but he was second and higher than Aric and that is what mattered to him. All the guys were much faster than the girls. Oh, I didn’t tell you our results. I had to go back and look on Janille’s phone, but I came in first! Woot. Even though I never passed Janille, I had the faster lap times. I thought that was pretty cool. Too bad Tyler couldn’t see it. He would have been proud.


We took some other photos with couples and such. Tyler works with some really great guys. I think he has been very happy this last year doing Real Estate.

 


No comments: