Tuesday, December 17, 2019

In The Club

I think we all knew this day was coming and mostly I was surprised it took this long. Pearl is now wearing glasses!

Apparently in September they took eye exams at school and Pearl failed hers. Weirdly, they didn't tell me or send an email until sometime in late October. (Um...school. You probably need to be more on the ball.) Pearl knew she failed, so she mentioned it in passing. It still took me plenty of time to get her into the eye doctor, but we got there eventually. (Before the email came, I might add.)

And sure enough, she is near sighted. Really not a big surprise. She has gone the way of all of her sisters and she isn't nearly as near sighted as some.

Robyn was with me when we went to Pearl's eye appointment. She helped Pearl try on some glasses, although we still get all our eyewear online. Pearl looks thrilled.


Then about 10-14 business days later, Pearl's glasses arrived. She looks so cute.


I had them specially inscribed on the inside.


That's right kiddo. You are now in the club. I am the only person who is not a member of the club. That is fine by me. I'm sure I'll join someday. It is almost inevitable. But for now I will enjoy my good eyesight. Plus, I don't think I would nearly as cute.


To paraphrase Johnny Nash...She can see clearly now...the blur is gone.

No comments: