Monday, December 16, 2019

Ivory in Wonderland

I really love when my kids participate in school plays. (Yes, I know I complain about them being gone sometimes, but I really do love it.) I think it is a great experience for the kids and I love coming to watch them perform. June always thought about it, but never auditioned (although she did do Pit for Evita). Robyn did Peter Pan, and High School Musical 2. And this year, Ivory was in Alice in Wonderland. This was such a fun production for the kids to do. Lots of colors and dancing and music.

Ivory was in the Wonderland Ensemble. I think she was hoping for a bigger part, but she didn't complain at all being in the ensemble and she did such a good job. She has been in many plays with lots of speaking parts, so I think it shows good showmanship to join in wherever and do your best.

The costumes were all very fun. It was supposed to be steam punk, but they were really just bright, loud costumes with fun makeup. I did makeup for one performance and then Robyn took over and did it the other nights. It was just a little different each performance. I was the one who added glitter sometimes. I think glitter makes everything a little more fun.



June was in charge of Ivory's hair. She did a ribbon weave that looked amazing.


I was able to go a couple nights. The first time I went, I tried to take as many pictures as possible, so that the next time I could just watch. It was a really fun production. I've included some of the highlights. Maddie did a great job as Alice. She looked perfect for the roll. Camilla was the white rabbit. That was Robyn's favorite costume.



In the first wonderland ensemble scene, I found Ivory right away. But she came out far enough on the stage, that she wasn't in the light. So, you get a couple dark pictures.




Alice goes along through Wonderland and meets many interesting characters, including Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, the flowers of the Golden Afternoon, and a very chill, bubbly caterpillar.






The caterpillar sang a fun version of Zippity Doo Dah with the ensemble.




Now...intermission. This first night, Robyn, Tyler and I were able to attend.


Back in Wonderland, Alice met the Mad Hatter and friends.




And then a less friendly person...the queen of hearts. Brynn did such an amazing job. Her costume, makeup and acting were spot on.



I liked some of the changes in the play that differed from the movie. At one point Alice asks if they are going to play a game of croquet with flamingos, but the queen instead does a game of Simon Says. That was a fun twist.



There is finally a court hearing where people come to testify against Alice. There is a slight distraction when they figure out it is the Queen's UNbirthday.


Alice is almost beheaded, but she remembers who she is and wakes up from her crazy dream in wonderland. Here's a little bit of the finale.


It was such a fun show. We went to see some of our favorite characters after. Jaden was amazing as the Mad Hatter. (Costume compliments of Michelle of course.)


I love Ivory's cute friends. Camilla and Jada did such a good job.



I had to get a picture with the queen. We have so much in common.


We were able to come back another night as the whole family and we were able to bring Granny V.




Ivory did amazing every night. She really is quite a good little actress. I hope she tries out for the play next year as well.

No comments: