Sunday, December 22, 2019

Put Up the Tree Before My Spirit Falls Again

I'll freely admit that I left Thanksgiving a little early to get home and have some time to put up Christmas decorations and the tree. I like the tree up before December 1st. Then I think the month can start with the right feel.

Sometimes I do the Carnegie Hall tree by myself, and other times the kids help. I like when they help. It goes much faster. This year, it was decorated in a flash. And Daisy put up the star.



We honestly need five trees so five kids can put up a star, but it doesn't quite work that way. Ivory almost got to do the Midgard tree.


But then she let Pearl do it. But Pearl is not tall enough, even with the brick step.


So she got a little help.


Perfect. Once the tree is up, the season can officially begin. I like walking through the house at night and turning off all the lights except the trees. It feels magical. And once in a while, you might catch a really cute picture like this one.


No comments: