Sunday, December 8, 2019

October Chatbook 2019

October is such a fun busy month. We did a lot and I have a lot of leftover pictures, so sit back and enjoy a few photos found on our phones that make me smile.

Robyn painted the window early in September. It was a nice Halloween theme complete with bloody handprints. I also find it very fitting that we put our attack dog in the window. What could be more terrifying?


I saw this Oogie Boogie every day when I went down to pick up Daniel. It made me happy every time. He is awesome. He even had dice in his hand. Supreme.


Daisy cut her hair. And I did NOT take an after picture. I'm the worst. I didn't realize how long it was. Her hair seems a very normal length now and it looks really good on her.


Oh wait. This counts as an after picture, right? This is Daisy by her sarcophagus that she designed. They were supposed to make it look as much like themselves as possible. And then they added extra designs. I think Daisy did an amazing job.



 October was a bit colder than usual. We had some very low temperatures and some freezing weather. One morning, outside the school, the dew on the grass had frozen and it looked so cool. There was also some frozen dog poop, which is kind of gross...but so shiny.



Tyler caught a chicken and brought it inside to show me. Nova could not handle it. She wanted it so badly. Don't worry...no chickens were harmed that day. But there is no guarantee if Nova every finds one alone outside.


My neighbor Maycee painted this. I happened to be at her house and I loved it. We have so many amazing artists in our neighborhood. I don't know if you can tell, but it is really big.


Ivory and I took a selfie (at church...shhh). I like our matching color schemes. Then she took another when we weren't looking. Sneaky.



Robyn and I went to a play. We saw Thoroughly Modern Millie. It was so fun. It was a little different than the movie, go figure. But I liked the twists and I thought everyone did a really good job. And Robyn liked it. She wasn't sure since she thinks the movie is a little silly. But you get what you get. Next year, everyone gets to choose what show they are going to, but this year, I picked for them. :)


Robyn also cut her hair, after much peer pressure. She doesn't love it because it is harder to pull back and she can't do her classic Robyn bun. But I think it is darling. She got so much cut off. It looked like an animal left on the floor.




I tried making a new caramel popcorn recipe. The caramel was different than I have done before. It didn't have butter. And I totally burned it the first time. It was like lava tar. It smelled so bad. And I didn't know what to do with it because it was so hot. So I poured it out on parchment paper. It cooled and looked really interesting. But it was still nasty smelling.


When I scrunch my hair, sometimes only the top gets waves and the bottom goes kind of straight. Robyn looked at me and told me I had David Bowie hair. She is referring to David Bowie: Goblin King. She isn't totally wrong. I can see the resemblance.



Daisy made a really cool Egyptian map. She added locations, pyramids, and animals. I loved it. She found a broken crocodile we have and added a paper head. I think it is ingenious. Great job Cakes!



I bought some soaps online. They all came together except for one, which came a few days later. It arrived on a very cold day and it was frozen. I was trying to decide why it looked so cloudy. While it sat there, we could see it defrost. Here it is with only the core still frozen. Almost looks like a giant spider sac inside. I'm so happy that wasn't the case.


Rolo pretzels are a favorite always around here and they are so easy to make. I wasn't home this night, but it looks like the littles have it covered. Melt, press, and serve.


Have I mentioned it was cold in October. (Yes...at least a few times.) I like the girls methods to stay warm. I drive them to school, but they do usually walk home. Gotta stay warm somehow.



Robyn and Daisy helped Tyler decorate his door at work for Halloween. Do you recognize it?*





This is one of my favorite pictures of the year. This nice clown was outside June's work. Tyler and Pearl were bringing a book for June to read on her break and they ran into this guy. I think she likes him...



While waiting in the doctor's office, I found a recipe to try. It was pretty good, but the custard part never set. And I had to leave and Tyler finished it for me. I think the sliced apples look very fancy and it was pretty tasty.



I think someone chose Macey cones for FHE treat. I always forget how huge they are. Who can eat one of those things??



We have changed rooms, but I haven't gotten kids to clean them yet, so I don't have pictures, but I do have this great picture of Tyler meditating in a chest of drawers. Sometimes you just find the right spot to relax.


June did Daisy's hair in a little braid with Perler beads. I think it was really cute. There is a good use for those beads.


This next picture is sad. Pearl got some new shoes and left them on the floor. Nova just happened to pick that exact spot to squat. Pearl was furious. Nova has pretty good aim, but she could have done better.


And if you wondered how marshmallows feel when you roast them, wonder no longer. Just like this.


We'll end this post with a little bit of art and a picture of the artist. One of the art projects at school was to draw something in a jar. Robyn's turned out amazing! I love it. The other picture is the bee that Grandma Dargan told me about. Not sure why he always carries around a bag of beans. But I now know his name is Thomas Jefferson. Bet you didn't know that Grandma.





*It was Boo's door from Monster's Inc. Did you recognize it?

No comments: