Tuesday, December 24, 2019

O Come Let Us A-Door Him

Last year the door decorating at school was a little sad. There were only a few. This year however, the front office got in the spirit right away and announced it all through the month of December and so many classrooms got involved. So many, that I had to limit the pictures to the best ones and there are still plenty of those.

I won't bias you to which ones are best or which I like most. You can decide for yourself. I'll tell you which one I did at the end, although you might be able to tell. And I may comment on a few.












I'm not sure we should count Sharon's. She is so darn creative and the library always looks amazing. Plus, this isn't just the door. It is a whole scene.


When I saw this next one, I glossed over it at first. But take a closer look. It is the French classroom. There are croissants for the roof. The door is Milka chocolate, the candy canes are baguettes, and the wreath is macaroons. So cute.



This is one of the science classrooms. Another one to take a closer look. The ornaments are earths and cells. The garland is a DNA strand and I love the starfish topper.




This one is a History class and has a lot of symbolism. Everything is centered around Peace. The evergreen represents eternal peace. The ornaments are the universal symbols of peace with the dove and poppy. Both sides of the earth are represented and you can't see it, but if you lift up the flaps on the presents, there are ways to bring peace to the those around you. So cute.



This was on the sewing room door. Fitting.




Not too bad this year, huh? And that isn't even all of them. I love when everyone gets into the spirit. I got to go around and help judge this year. Once again, they didn't put my door on the list. I'm not sure if they don't see it, or if they just lump it with all the front office doors. I don't know. But it doesn't matter. I don't need a prize. I loved my door and I got to see it every day at work.

Did you guess which one it was? The Great White shark of course. I love sharks. I had my office aids and Pearl make the snowflakes for me. I think it turned out GREAT!

No comments: