Tuesday, December 10, 2019

TOFW 2019

I have a great group of girlfriends. I have known them for many many years; since living in my first house and having my five kids. So many of them were in the same stage of life. But even if we weren't all changing diapers at the same time, there was still a great kinship with all these fabulous women. Even as people moved away, we have stayed in touch and we try to get together now and then to catch up and eat a treat.

Then someone had a great idea to go on a trip together; nothing big, just a weekend. So we signed up for Time Out For Women in St. George. The perfect getaway, especially in the winter months when it is chilly here.

Time Out For Women or TOFW is an inspirational weekend with speakers and good music. It goes Friday night and most of the day Saturday. Many of us drove down Thursday night so we had a bit more time. I was one of those, but I went down to watch Robyn at her Redrock Marching Band competition.

We may have stayed up really late the night before, laughing and talking. And watching Brooke and Sarah pose oddly.


In fact, I was the only one up the next morning. Robyn performed at 9:45 am and I didn't want to miss it. When I got back to the condo (thanks Brooke) at 11, two people had just woken up. Gotta love a day to sleep in.

We had so much fun. I won't go into all the details, but these ladies are so fun to hang out with.
(Top row: Me, Danetta, Sunny, Deanne, Brooke, Kellie Bottom row: Sarah, Becca, Deborah)




The speakers were all good, some more than others. But my favorite part of the program was Calee Reed. She would come on between speakers and talk about her life and then sing. She is really amazing. And my favorite song by far was Cleanse You. Listen to it HERE.

Sunny has been following her for a long time, so we went and talked to her and got a picture with "Sunny's friend."


It was just a perfect weekend to be renewed and spend time with wonderful women. We are already planning on it next year.

No comments: