Friday, December 6, 2019

Snippets of Halloween

It actually felt like Halloween happened on the day before when we went to our ward chili cook off and Halloween party. Some of the kids were genuinely surprised when we got up the next morning and got dressed up again. I'm going to include anything that was Halloween related because on the actual day we didn't take a lot of pictures. In fact, it was so cold in the evening that Tyler didn't take a single picture while they were out trick or treating. I don't blame him. I didn't take any pictures at home where we played cards and handed out candy. (So we were equally yoked in slacking.)

I still have a few fun pictures here and there. Our ward party was very fun and so many people were dressed up. Some years, only a few people dress up, but the majority dressed up this year. I tend to only take pictures if I'm very impressed with a costume. I thought this one was particularly great. Sadness from Inside Out.


There was going to be some Trunk or Treating outdoors, but it was so cold, they moved everything inside and people decorated doors and rooms instead. This shark eating a pirate was epic.


Daisy found cute little Hattie and didn't let go most of the evening. And Kendra, who had just moved, came back with her cute 'Moose' who was dressed up appropriately for his name.



It was a really fun evening. And when we woke up the next morning, everyone got back into costume and I took a picture before they walked out the door.




I went to the girls costume parade in the afternoon. In the past, I have been annoyed with the crowds, but this year, I just enjoyed sitting and looking at all the costumes. I found my two.



There were some really great costumes, but one in particular that stood out to me. I had to go looking in all the classrooms before I found her and even though it was awkward to ask for a picture, it was totally worth it. Do you know who she is??


Yzma! from The Emperor's New Groove. Excellent costume and I love the lashes.

My neighbor makes me laugh. He literally put up the caution tape and decorations the day before Halloween. That is dedication. I wouldn't have bothered since it was all coming back down, but I think it looked great.


Ivory had a movie night where we watched Nightmare Before Christmas. I made little Jack Skellington Cookie Pops. More work than they are worth, but Ivory liked them.


And finally June had a Young Women's activity where they carved pumpkins. She did such a great job. And that meant we had one good glower for the porch on Halloween. (Although I think we forgot to light candles.) We had less than six groups come to the door that night. It was really cold and I think that discouraged a lot of people. And our street isn't super popular. Maybe one year I'll make homemade scones or something. Nope. I wrote that and almost laughed out loud. That is never going to happen.


Happy Halloween!

No comments: