Thursday, December 22, 2011

CazierTM Turns 12

For clarity, "CazierTM" does not stand for "Cazier Trademark." It stands, rather matter-of-factly, as "Cazier, Tyler & Maleen." And today is our birthday: we're 12!

4,380 days ago (give or take a few days for leap years), I followed through on the best decision of my life: to marry Maleen. Back then I was handsome, immature, and looking for someone to settle down and spend eternity with. Now, 12 years later, I'm just handsome and immature. Marrying Maleen was a no brainer: she was hot, smart, witty, and also looking to settle down for an eternity of something interesting. Of course, now she's just hot, smart, and witty.

We've had ups and downs, but mostly ups. She keeps helium in my life's balloons, even when the world around me is trying to pop them as fast as they can. Like every couple, we had some getting-to-know you time in the beginning. Somehow or another we managed to get it right—of course I mostly blame Maleen for all the awesome that's happened since 12 years ago, but I had a small part in it as well.

Through computers and fridges, houses and cars, kids and school, Maleen has brought me through it all more-or-less unscarred. She's the reason I can walk through the door with a smile on my face every day, because I know she's there. She's the reason behind that warm feeling I get right before I go to sleep—she's near me. She's the one I can always talk with and figure out my woes with: she's always there. She's the one who has given us five wonderful daughters, who will eventually pamper me for the rest of my life. She's the one who stands by me during those rough decisions that seem like they have no right answer. If it weren't for her, this whole life of mine would have turned out much differently for sure, and there's no way we'd have so many inside jokes.

Thank you Maleen, simply for being the best thing that's ever come into my life.

As of now, when people ask us how long we've been married, I'm rounding up to at least 13. Heck, on a crazy day, I might round up to 20!

And yes, I'm posting freaking early in the morning so you can't post ahead of me...shameless I know (see paragraph two: maturity).



4 comments:

meganmushrat said...

Yes, it was a wrench to give her up. She has been one of the bright spots in our lives as well. However, when I see how happy she is and look at all those adorable grandchildren (as well as the handsome, immature man she married), I am content. However, the next time I have emergency surgery, I'll try to do it when you two aren't so caught up in your anniversary reminiscing!

Maleen said...

Both of you getting here ahead of me. It is fitting.

Tyler, I can tell that you wrote this early in the morning to get the jump on me...because there is a spelling error. (Looks like YOUR editor was asleep.)
I agree that twelve years ago, we couldn't have made a better decision. I hope we have many more happy years...like google.

Mom, don't worry. Your surgery didn't slow us down at all. :) Loves.

Bugers n' Gelato said...

Awesome. It is so sweet to hear this from a husband! I also like the "Getting-to-know you part" of the beginning. It makes me feel better after almost 3 months of marriages that it is normal to have some moments where you do a double take. :) Congrats guys! I love your blog and it ispires me to be a better wife!

Raging Stallion said...

Ok, Maleen, you caught me at my weakest: sleep deprived. I did, in fact, have a typo. However, said typo has been corrected and will never be known to the outside world. They still think I'm flawlessly pristine! [Maniacal laughter starting with "Muhahaha..."]