Sunday, July 22, 2012

1000!!!

Seriously, one thousand posts with my thoughts, musings, photography, and randomness.

Nine (almost ten) blog books later.

Five years gone. (Oops, I missed my blogoversary last week. Happy Blogoversary to me.)

Quite an accomplishment if you ask me.

We should celebrate.

Um...but too many of you live far away.

I once gave out a gift card to someone's favorite restaurant. Remember when I got to 100 posts? Actually, you probably don't remember. I think there has been a bit of a shift in my readers since then.

So let's try it again. Mainly since I'm not very creative, and I have too many other things I need to blog about right now. But we'll up it just a tad.

$25 dollars to a favorite restaurant for one lucky reader. If you happen to live nearby, I'll take you out to lunch. If not, I'll send you a gift card. I would love to see who all is reading, so leave me a comment. I know most of you are busy and hardly have time to read, let alone comment, but since they are only about 12 of you, the odds are pretty good. Take a shot.

Leave a comment with the name of your favorite place to eat. I'll pick a winner in a week.

And thanks for reading, by the way. Yes, this is for my kids, but don't think I don't appreciate everyone who stops by to think of our little bunch. (My two Virginia's. You know who you are. In Texas and San Diego. I know you both read off and on. You should comment. Just saying.)

Hope you have a great week.

Tchau.



***A winner has been chosen. Comment 12, Emma Jo is the winner. Thank you ALL for commenting.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

If I'm the first to comment does that make me an automatic winner? I love reading about your cute family, you are preparing me for what to expect when Ella gets older.

Kim said...

I love reading your musings about your cute family... And wow, I can't believe you've hit 1000 posts! Incredible! My favorite restaurant, should I win your fabulous little contest, is probably Olive Garden. However, I'd much prefer you taking me to lunch in person. It's only a little bit of a drive, no? ;)

Heather A said...

We really probably don't have the same restaurants up here you have, but I did want to you know that I read your blog and look forward to every post! You are a blogger-super-woman!

Jenaca and Stephen said...

What a fun idea! I love reading your blog!!!

Tricia said...

It is amazing you have reached a 1000 post! That is a huge accomplishment. Your girls will love looking back and reading your posts, but in the meantime I'm glad I get to hear about your adventures.

My favorite place to eat is by the cross stitch store... just saying:)

Katie said...

I am crazy impressed that you've had 1000 posts! Amazing! I still read. I love to hear and see what you, Tyler and your cute girls are up to! :)
(and favorite restaurant, should I win, hmmm, Zupas sounds really good right now.)

Debbie said...

I am a faithful reader and love every post.

¡Vieve! said...

Congrats on 1000 posts! And a happy Blogaversary!

meganmushrat said...

I'm commenting because you told me to - and I would have to say that Jade Palace is my favorite restaurant. In fact, I think we ought to take you to dinner there when you're in town for the fair. Really enjoyed the Lagoon post too, although I still think I'd prefer Disneyland.

skye said...

Well, I must say, this is one way to get me to come visit your actual blogsite, as opposed to reading everything in my Reader. And this way, I get to see your super cute picture header! What an awesome idea!

I love reading about your kids, and your craziness, even though it makes me feel sooooooo inadequate as a mother! You get more done with 5 than I can even dream of doing with 2, which pretty much makes you my HERO! :-) Happy blogoversary, and congrats on the 1000 posts!

I believe I hear Olive Garden calling my name. ;-)

Janelle said...

Your blog is so fun to read--I love your personality shining through. We live too far away to meet up, but Macaroni Grill or PF Chang's are my favs. Congrats on 1000 posts!! Amazing.

Emma Jo said...

What? How did I miss this post? I am always up for a little drawing and I qualify because I read! I read! Me me me!

Aubry Macbean said...

If I didn't read so many blogs maybe I would take the time to blog on my own. It is sadly out of date.

Alissa said...

I could have sworn I already left you a comment!

Melanie said...

I always love reading your blog. Your girls are the cutest and I love your photographs! I think it is great that you keep a journal this way. I need to get doing it again.