Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fall Trees (Yes, I know it's not fall)

The girls were a bit confused that we were doing Fall trees in the middle of summer. I told them that although it was more common to make things that go with a certain season or holiday around or during the actual season or holiday, there were no rules against it. I explained about Christmas in July and they thought that was cool.

Also, since I controlled what paint colors were on the table, they didn't have a lot of choice. They talked me into a purple color somewhere along the way, but there wasn't a green in sight.

We had a good time and it was fun to use a new tool. No brushes this time around...just Q-tips. Here they are working hard. (Oh, and we had friends over, so if a child does not look familiar, it is because they aren't mine.)


I like how everyone had a different take on the same scene. Like Ivory's rainbow pile of leaves on the ground.


Here is a close-up so you can see all detail.



It was a fun activity. And it feels good to make a mess and then clean it up. Okay, really it feels good to pretend like I am the kind of mom who enjoys making a mess. I really mostly enjoy the clean part at the end. But it is worth it to let the creative juices flow.

No comments: