Saturday, July 14, 2012

Let's Pause for a Birthday

Man I love this kid to pieces. (I loved this picture and somehow managed to corrupt the file. Because I am awesome like that. But then husband took a screenshot for me. Because he is awesome like that. I am liking his brand of awesomeness a bit more than mine.)


That was her first thing in the morning. Opening presents in pajamas. That is the life.

She was very interested in everything.


She got some of her favorite stuff. (Yes, Grandma...the Diego books were a HUGE hit. We got it on video when everyone yelled, 'CROCODILES!!' at once.)


Here she is sporting her new jacket and trying out the water bottle June gave her.


She was adorable in her Sleeping Beauty dress holding her balloons.


Since it is an even year, we didn't do a friend party. (Which is good since she really only has one friend that she likes to play with besides her sisters. Come to think about it, she kinda had a friend party anyway, since all her sisters were there.) We went to Kangaroo Zoo.


It was a great place and the kids just ran around having fun. They switched up who they were playing with every once in a while. The lighting was terrible, so I broke down and used the flash. Hello red eye.



It was the perfect activity for all of them. Although I thought for sure I had worn Pearl out enough that she would need a nap. (I guess the sugar high from the cake killed that.)

Speaking of cake, I did an original this time around. I never can tell if I will feel motivated, but since my mom started the theme, I thought I would finish it.


Yep, that is a crocodile, in case you couldn't tell. My favorite is his Toblerone spikes. (And if you thought he was a dragon, that is okay. At least they are in the same ballpark.)


This picture is great. Daisy was working really hard on blowing out that candle, and before she finished, Pearl managed to blow out the other two. Daisy never noticed. She thought she did a great job.


And yes, her birthday is really tomorrow, but we figured she would enjoy celebrating early. Gotta love Sunday birthdays. ;)

Actually, you just gotta love Daisy. She is the sweetest kid. She does have a bit of a sneaky side, but that is pretty endearing too. Her smile and snuggles are so genuine and loving. I can't imagine our family without her.

She is so happy to be four!! She talks about it all the time. It seems like yesterday that we were headed to the hospital to welcome baby number four. If you just want to sit and read more about Daisy's birth, you can go here for Tyler's version. Or here for my shorter version.

Happy Birthday my Daisy (Cakes) Grace.

3 comments:

meganmushrat said...

That is the most awesome cake I have ever seen! I expect something equally awesome for my next birthday (shall we plan to have you come visit for it?) I am SO glad that the books were a hit - and very glad that I saw the Crocodile one and added it in. Although I will admit that I have no idea who Diego and Dora are - other than cartoon characters. Four is my favorite number, so happy birthday little 4-year old!

Tim Dargan said...

I want that cake!!!!

¡Vieve! said...

That cake is awesome, and what a fun party with her friends/sisters!