Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Pre-Festivities (Do I sense a tradition in the making?)

Last night out of the blue, I thought we should take the family miniature golfing. (Mainly because we had a great coupon for it.) And because it was the night before the fourth of July, I thought we might bring some prizes (candybars) and give everyone an award for competing.

We brought the GoPro to see how it did taking pictures instead of video. But it was twilight, so you'll have to excuse the lack of light or the bizarre yellow tint to everything. Here is everyone ready to go.



We had a good time despite that some people were done early on. Daisy made it through 5 holes before she called it a day. And we had a hard time keeping people off the green. Daisy would have one foot sticking out and the ball always headed straight for her.

The GoPro got some fun shots though. It makes me look like I have long legs. Woo!




Here are my cute monkeys that survived. Just barely.


Pearl never even played, but she was a good explorer. And she was cute, and actually didn't cry too much.


At the end, we handed out awards.

Seventh Place- For being cooperative without evening playing: Pearl
Sixth Place- And having the lowest number of strokes total (because she only played five holes): Daisy
Fifth Place- With the 'I Can Do It By Myself' award: Ivory (She would not let us help her. For the other girls we would stand behind the hole providing a backboard so the ball would bounce in, but Ivory didn't want any help. She was stellar.)
Fourth Place- And the best sport overall: Robyn
Third Place- Biggest helper all around: Dad
Second Place- With the only hole in one of the evening: Mom
First Place- Best Score and best at KEEPING score: June

I think this would be really fun to do each year, but we'll see if I remember.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I love mini golf. I've never gone with kids, but it sounds like an adventure!