Sunday, July 1, 2012

Growth Chart

Friday, we were crafting it up. The kids have talked of a growth chart for a long time and I always thought I should get one. I was mainly dragging my feet because the kids are getting so big and I feel bad for the older ones who won't have the earlier years documented.

Then I got this BRILLIANT idea. They measure the kids growth at the doctor's and I could just go collect the records and fill in all the previous heights.

That was a great idea up until the point where I went in to the dr.'s office and they went from paper to digital a few years ago. And somehow they have only ONE record for June and NO records for Robyn. The other three kids are looking pretty good. So now I am going to have to fudge some numbers so everyone will feel special. Lame.

Anyway, besides the dumb part, the rest is awesome. Here is June helping me paint the base coat on our board. The sunny day helped it dry quickly. (Please try not to notice Dr. Garage in the background.)


I just went to Lowe's and picked up a 1/2 inch by 6 foot board. I don't even remember what type of wood, but nothing too expensive.

Then I brought it inside and traced some flowers. All the girls helped paint them in. (And Emma too. She gets roped into all our strange projects if she happens to be around. She usually turns up during story time. She may have witnessed me bawling at the end of 'The House of Sixty Fathers.' Such a sad book, but with a very touching ending.) I wanted them to feel like they helped and they did such a good job. After, I drew on the numbers with Sharpie. I love Sharpies. I think it turned out darling. See? How cute is that?


The tallest monkey around here is catching up to me quickly.


Robyn stopped to pose for me.


They are all growing so quickly. I need to start putting the dates and ages on the board, but I'm going to see if I can track down some more correct info. Wish me luck.


1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

That's a great idea for growing girls! And so cute.