Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Love to See the Temple

Today our field trip wasn't far or fancy, but it was one of my favorites so far. We went to the temple. I was thinking that we would go to a temple farther away, but the girls love the Timpanogos temple so much that it seemed like a good place to visit. You can just see it from our house and at night the girls will look out the window and point out the temple. Ivory, who slept on the top bunk for a long time, would look at it each night and she says she wants to be married there someday.

We stopped for some ice cream on the way and sat on the temple lawn and ate it. There was a bride and groom in front of the temple. It is always a good reminder to the girls of the special purpose of the temple; sealing families forever.

And then we took some pictures of course. They are such darling girls.


Storm clouds started coming in and we even were sprinkled with a few drops, but we made a whole loop around the temple to see the front and back. There is some kind of work being done to the temple at the moment and there is scaffolding up on the sides, but I am not sure exactly what they are doing. (If you look closely at the pictures below, you can barely see the scaffolding in a couple pictures.)

I really love the windows on the Timpanogos temple. I like all the color and designs on them.


I told the girls that I would take pictures of the temple and then they could choose one to put on their wall. These are just the preliminary shots. I need to straighten out some pictures and lighten the temple in others because it was back lit. But I still love these pictures and I thought you might enjoy them. June and Ivory have already chosen the one they want.



On this last one, you can see the bride and groom at the bottom. 


And one last picture of the girls.


It really was perfect weather with the breeze and slight drizzle. I wish I could have stayed longer. The temple is such a peace place.

3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

How fun. Those are some really gorgeous pics of the temple!

Emma Jo said...

I have been such a comment slacker - but I am loving reading all about your organized summer!!! It is helping me to see a little order to my chaos this year as summer passes us by in a mess. I love it! your organization and schedule, not our mess :)

Scott and Svetlana said...

All looks gorgeous girls and the temple. :)