Sunday, July 1, 2012

The New Rooms

It has been quite the shift around here. Everyone has moved or gotten something new to call their own. It has been really fun, if exhausting, but we are reaching the end.

I did not think to take before pictures and by the time I remembered, half the odds and ends were moved around already. But when we knew the beds were coming for sure the next day, Tyler thought we should get some pictures. The kids were asleep, the existing beds were gone, but you get a general idea.

Here is the loft.


And the Secret Room.


Once the beds were in, Tyler went around and took some more pictures. The rooms are still missing some finishing touches like pictures and the finished dresser, but you can still see how great they are.

Here is the loft.


And the Secret Room.


Tyler even surprised me with a dresser for the minis in the Yellow Room. We had plastic Rubbermade 4-drawer filing things. This is definitely a step up.


The girls seem to really be liking the new rooms. They make their beds each morning and spend a lot of time playing on them. It makes me happy to see them settling in. My favorite time is when they read at night. Super cute.


3 comments:

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

So pretty! I love the photo of the girls reading in bed, precious times.

Deanne said...

I love the new rooms! It really makes me want to follow through with my intentions to rearrange the bedrooms around here. Good work!

¡Vieve! said...

Those are some great beds! I always wanted cute beds like that, I'm jealous of your kids!