Friday, July 20, 2012

It's Like a Kid in a Candy Store

Tuesday our treat was a bit much with four layers and needing time to chill. We made Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars.


They were tasty, but I have made many other cheesecake dishes that I have liked more. I am too tired to look for the recipe, so if you want it, please specify and I can get it to you. Otherwise, just know that there are better cheesecake recipes out there.

On Wednesday, Tyler took off work. He started a mini vacation. And the first thing we did with his time off was....

...go to the DENTIST!!! Yeah.

Okay, so we already had those appointments scheduled.

Robyn and I were cavity free. (Woot.) And then we went to our field trip. And Dad got to come along. Not that I mind trucking the five kids around. We do fine on our own, but I always love my better half along for the ride. He makes things interesting.

Like Blickenstaff''s for instance. It is this crazy toy/candy store down in Provo. I had heard about it, but I figured it was time to check it out in person. It was very unique and fun. And we Cazier's take our fun very seriously.



The kids had so much fun exploring.


I like the randomness of the store. (Yes Mom and Dad, this picture is for you.)


In the end we let each of the kids pick some candy and we ate it outside. We were hoping to chill at the splash pad but the water was turned off inconveniently at that moment. (Oh well, you don't win them all.) But Pearl was pretty cute munching on her candy.


(I should mention that I like Sixlets. But if you eat more than six, they aren't as good. Apparently there was method to the madness when they packaged them the way they do.)

That day was pretty low key, but the rest of the week has been rocking!! Wow. But that is another post of course. (Or two.) In fact, I am currently so tired, I can hardly type. Needless to say, we veered away from the planned schedule, but when the Big Kahuna is in town, you gotta surf hard. (That might have been a really bad analogy since I have never surfed in my life, nor do I live by a beach. But you know what I mean. When Dad is home on vacation, you play like you mean it.)

2 comments:

Scott and Svetlana said...

OMG, I love those hats! You guys look amazing! Toy stores are not only for kids these days and you have proof of it. Love your pictures :) And analogy in your sentences, it makes you sounds cool just like you are - a cool mom!

¡Vieve! said...

I love Blickenstaffs! It takes so long to get through because you want to try on all those awesome hats!