Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Forget Kites...Let's Go Fly a Hot Air Balloon

In the summer, we switched rooms and painted one room sky blue. There was always the plan to add hot air balloons, but we thought it might be fun for Grandma Cazier to come paint with us. She is quite the artist.

But time kept marching on and when Grandma had her accident, we figured it was time to go ahead and use whatever talent we had on hand. Luckily, some creative genes have filtered down through both lines and we had plenty of talent to choose from.

Everyone got involved. Each person had at least one balloon, although we let June do extra balloons because it is her room and she really wanted to.

Tyler had taken time off for our anniversary (when we were still planning Mt. Rushmore) so we got to spend a relaxing day with the kids, painting away.



Ivory took this picture for me. It was my heart balloon before I outlined it. It looked better before the outlining, so in essence I took one for the team to figure that out. But sometimes you don't know until you try, right?


Look how cute the balloons turned out.



Let's get a closer look at each one. They are each labeled with their creator. I still can't decide a favorite. They are all so great.

I helped Daisy on this one. She painted everything but the petals. Oh...and the basket. I did the baskets on all the balloons at the end.


The outlined heart balloon.


Some of the balloons are smaller than others as if they are farther off in the distance. But even the small ones are super cute.


Pearl did such a great job on her balloon. I only touched up edges for her.


This one was fun to do.


Another smally, but goody.


So patriotic!!


This one is berry special. (Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself.)


Robyn spent forever on this one. It was epic. She even has some shading in the yellow area.


This one is 3D since it is painted into a corner.


Ivory wanted neon paint, but I bought metallic instead. I think it gives it a nice sheen.


Dad called this the 'Princess Balloon' since it was so fancy.


Naturally, he needed another balloon to protect his Princess Balloon. So, he made a zeppelin. (Notice the matching pennants.) I like to call it his dirigible. (The girls learned some new vocab words over Fall Break.)


Everyone did a fabulous job. Every time I walk into the room, it makes me smile. Even on a rainy day, the sun is shining and the balloons are flying at our house.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

Amazing talent in your family. Beautiful balloons. Makes me want to write a poem about them. Maybe someday I will.