Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Sunday Selfie

I didn't realize Sunday Selfie's were a 'thing,' I know a friend who does them and it seemed like a fun idea. So I tried to start them in our family. It has been a slow, rocky road to say the least.

October 25, 2015 -

This was our first try. Not too bad if you ask me. Half the battle is remembering. I believe one of the kids reminded me, even though we had never done it before.


November 1, 2015 -

We went to Idaho for Henlee's baby blessing. Ironically, the only pictures we had of the whole weekend were selfie shots and pictures Ivory took of the dogs. We weren't in Idaho very long and I wasn't in camera mode, so we didn't get any pictures of cute Henlee or her parents. We did have a great (but brief) time seeing family. JR sure makes an amazing chili. I'll put our sad, but qualifying selfies on here.




November 8, 2015 -

Tyler was wondering why I am still asking about Sunday selfies. He figured the one in October was the only one we needed. I didn't want to bother fighting him on it. Plus, I kept forgetting anyway, so I decided to scrap it. He then looked it up and saw that lots of people take Sunday Selfies, so maybe we could too. (Although I would advise that you don't look up 'Sunday Selfies.' People's pictures are not always the cleanest.) While we were visiting Rubia and Alex, he decided that we could take a picture while we were there.


We had a fantastic time with Rubia and Alex. We haven't seen them since they moved. We loved their new house, and the kids went crazy over Rubia's bear collection. You can see a few in the picture. They dragged bears all over the house and asked the name of each one. (Yes, Rubia has a name for each one. She even has a name for her houseplant. Why didn't I think of that?)

We had yummy food and then played some My Team. We played three times and the third category was 'Anything to do with Thanksgiving.' It was really funny, because out of seven people playing, four put down Cranberry Sauce. I guess we all thought we were being so unique. Instead it was really easy to guess people. (In case you were wondering, the other three that weren't cranberry sauce were pilgrims, dishes, and T -- because that is what Thanksgiving starts with.)

As for the Sunday Selfie, there are no guarantees that it will ever happen again. If I remember and can be bothered, I'll try to put one on here. Sometimes I don't need to create more work for myself.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

Your selfies aren't too bad - but I shudder to think what the pictures would look like if WE took selfies. Not that you would get Miranda to agree to be in them - and what would be the use of having them if she wasn't there?