Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Two Main Monkeys

My older two girls are at school most of the day, and Pearl is still just a baby in many ways, so that leaves Ivory and Daisy to keep each other busy day in and day out. They go back and forth between playing fabulously and driving each other up the wall. And Daisy is picking up every bad Ivory habit in the book. Oh well, she will figure out someday that she doesn't actually want to be her older sister. (Probably.)

In the meantime, they make me laugh. Daisy learned at an early age that the computer is fascinating and desirable. She would fight for her right to move the mouse around, even if she didn't know how to click on things. Well, recently, she has figured the mouse out. She plays the simple games and navigates the internet like a pro. Should I be scared since she isn't even three? Here they are on a day when I was vacuuming. I had taken away the stool and chair but that didn't slow them down. (Notice Daisy in her favorite attire.)



Daisy has learned to be a little 'Mom'. If I ever give an order to one sister and it isn't obeyed immediately, Daisy will repeat it for them. My favorite is at dinner time when Daisy will not touch her food but will order Ivory to, "Eat your peas." She is such a character.

Ivory puts up with a lot being the oldest sister at home most of the day. She is such a great helper when she wants to be. If you can make a chore into a game, she will be the first to play. She came up with this one by herself the other day. Here she is being Cinderella.


Pretty good huh?


I think we will try trays next week.

My favorite exchange between monkey 3 and monkey 4 happened at lunch the other day:

Ivory: (to Daisy) You're a goose.
Daisy: You're a goose first!
Ivory: You're a goose.
Daisy: You're a goose FIRST!

Mom: Girls, if you can't say anything nice, just don't talk.

(Long pause)

Ivory: (to Daisy) I love you.
Daisy: I love you FIRST!

They keep things interesting. I already feel sorry for Pearl who will end up being stuck at home with just me someday. I am sure I am not half as fun as the monkeys.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ha ha ha! I love that she can already use the computer and internet but she's not even three! James can already work our iPhones. He hasn't quite figured out what he wants to do on there, but he can turn them on and get to the screen to use the keypad (and he's not even one).

¡Vieve! said...

Ha ha I love you first is the best thing I've heard all day. I'm totally going to start using first at the end of my sentences.