Saturday, March 12, 2011

Not the Red-Headed Step-Child After All

Look, a stack of presents...


Um, and there was a balloon that was popped very early on by an unnamed fourth child. So, if you look closely, we wrapped the upper left present in the leftover balloon. Waste not, want not.

Let's be clear though. I still did not get her any presents. My mother (also known as Grandma) came to the rescue. And although I reminded the girls multiple times that all the presents were from Grandma, I couldn't stop them each from choosing one to give to Pearl. They really wanted to feel like they were in on the process. Thanks Mom for making that possible.

Pearl was so focused. She hefted gifts and unwrapped gifts and grabbed gifts and concentrated on everything. I loved every minute of it. There were so many, she had a hard time choosing.


Look at her little hands trying to get a handle on these big boxes.


June did her hair that day. I had to include her awesome Jiu-jitsu style.


She didn't smile much because she was so amazed by everything.


I like this one because she is standing. She likes to try and stand up while holding awkward sized objects these days.


I think we made up for our slacking on her actual birthday. (Not that she cared.)


If you can't tell what she was unwrapping, here is our bunch of ducks.


(And for the record, bunch is an official term. I guess you could also say brace, badelynge, team, paddling, or raft but those all sound really weird to me. Not to mention that I have no idea how to even say 'badelynge'.)

2 comments:

Rynell said...

Ducks are perfect for a one-year-old. Smart grandma! My littlest thinks that anything to play with in the bathtub is the bomb!

meganmushrat said...

I am so happy that the ducks were a hit. Who would have thunk that rubber ducks could come in so many different varieties. Now that I can see them more clearly, I have to say that my favorite is the Mermaid duck. But then, I've always loved mermaids. Let me know how much fun they have with them in the tub!