Thursday, March 3, 2011

Vegetables and Spirit

My camera broke on the week of Romance, although as you know, I still took pictures. But maybe I wasn't feeling the love because I never got the photo for that week. I still have an idea in mind, but we'll see if I get around to it.

The other two themes are ready though, so you get a two-fer this week.

Photos of the week: (Vegetables)
I am really in love with this picture. Maybe it is the pattern or the green. Something.


I love the produce aisle, because it is colorful and healthy. I originally went to take pictures of all the vegetables lined up in the grocery store.  However, in the end, I liked the individual shots more than the group photos. (As if vegetables are people or something.) Here be the beans.


And then these lovelies.


Just kidding, I know they are a fruit. I started playing with the Hue on this picture and loved how I turned all the tomatoes into a bunch of odd shaped lemons. Yes, I know...still fruit.


Next...

Photo of last week: (Spirit)


I'm not sure what I think of when I hear the word spirit. I guess I think of pep-rallys and cheerleaders, but I don't go to any sports' games, so you get the ghostly side of spirit instead. I took up this challenge in the first place in the hopes to experiment more with my camera. So, I got out the tri-pod, slowed down the shutter speed and tried to capture just a glimpse of Robyn. I don't believe in ghosts, or at least not the haunting, moaning kind, but if I did, I imagine they would be kind of translucent.

1 comment:

Shawn, Ashlee and Addison said...

You are an amazing photographer Maleen! I'm so jealous!