Friday, March 18, 2011

You Could Still Smell the New on This One


There is something amazing about seeing a baby before they are even a day old. It is spiritual to think of where they just came from and what their journey in life holds. I'm fairly sure that I won't be having any more of these experiences in the near future, so I sure jumped at the chance to go snuggle the new off someone else's baby.

Behold this cutie. Actually, who am I kidding, the whole family is good looking.


You may not be able to tell, but I actually caught baby Savannah with her eyebrows raised. She was probably wondering who let in the crazy lady with the camera?

Tyler spent some extra time and designed some onesies for her. We both had a lot of fun creating them. Here she is sporting one, although since they are sized for 6-9 months, I'm betting there is room to grow right now.


Here are some of the others we came up with.

So, change of narrator. I told Maleen I wanted to write a little something on the onsies. I mean these designs look small, but they're all growed up now. I'm so proud *sigh*.

As a preface, these onsies are for Savannah Jett. No spelling violence is being perpetrated against the noun (or verb) "Jet."

We call this one Jumbo Jett. On the front, you'll see a chic, modern "Mini Jett" with an airplane. Sharp, clean, minimal...ah. Then, as a surprise, when little Savannah turns over, you get a "Jumbo Jett" on the rump.

 


This piece is titled cleverly, Gotta Jett.  We've all said it on the phone once or twice, and this phrase will now be attached to Savannah just as she's getting ready to crawl. We purposely got these onsies a little bigger--about the crawling size.




For anyone who's been out of the country, this work conjures smokey recollections of arriving in a humid airport, somewhere on the other side of the world. Everything clamors around you as you wait for your luggage to float up the carousel, and catch these nifty stickers all over your luggage: a semi-permanent reminder of all the places you and that trusty bag have been. We call it, World Traveler.

I must admit that I have an affinity for retro design. It's fun, it's clean, it's coming back into style. Anyone with kids out there has seen Disney's Cars.  This logo is a shameless knock off, which is probably a shameless knockoff of a really old sign from the 50's. I call this one, Retro.


And this is my personal favorite, hearkening back to a simpler time when good was good and bad was just dark. If you have no idea what mind trick hatched the phrase on this onsie, don't be surprised when your planet explodes. See it clearly in my mind, I can, Yes.

 

And there you have it. My onsies, all spiffed up and ready for the ball. Conceived in brilliance, executed in magnificence, and given away with love. 

I'm obliged to mention that this post has been brewing for several weeks now. Maleen had wanted to post this when Savannah was born. But, she's been waiting on me to get the images workable for the blog. "Better late than never," most people say. I say, "You can't rush perfection."

—Raging Stallion

3 comments:

Jenaca and Stephen said...

We love love love those onesies. Thank you Tyler and malign for creating them. We always show everyone who comes over yalls creations. :) we just can't wait till she can fit in them. You guys are the best. Thanks sooooo much

Emma Jo said...

What awesome onesies!!! As Maleen knows, we share a love of all things onesie on a baby. Man, I wish I had a more fun last name.

¡Vieve! said...

Those are really awesome! Good work, team.