Thursday, November 6, 2014

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

I need to finish up my Halloween related posts so I can feel like October is squarely behind me. I figure corn mazes fall into that category. I decided this year was the year that we would try a large corn maze and test our mad skilz. I had a few coupons for Cornbelly's, so it was the winner, although every time I take the whole family somewhere I remember why we usually play games at home. (Read: Expensive even with a coupon.)

They had a Wizard of Oz theme this year. So, we dutifully stuck our faces in another cutout. (Funnier this time because Robyn got her head stuck.)


Cornbelly's is a crazy busy place. There was so much to do there, we almost got distracted. But we managed to keep our heads and we beelined it for the cornmaze. There were two different sides to the maze. You can take the 15 minute side or the 30 minute side. We naturally opted for the longer side. Once in the maze, I got everyone turned around...for a picture that is.


It was actually a lovely evening for a stroll. I stayed in the back so we couldn't lose any small children in the corn.


Wait, maybe I am lost. How did everyone get over there?



Phew, I caught up. The goal in the maze was to find the 9 sign posts and do a crayon rubbing at each one. All the pictures were Wizard of Oz themed. I think Tyler just found a sign post.


Go for it Ives. I think this one might have been a broom. Can't really remember.



On we go again. Pearl found some corn and paraded around like a majorette. That was probably her favorite part.


There were a few bridges along the course. We found one. Although I don't think they were that helpful. Instead of being lost in the maze, we were just on a bridge lost in a maze.


Ah, another sign post. Now there is something to help with location.


The QR codes on the signs would pinpoint your position in the maze. Pretty nifty.


We were somewhere in there.


I do remember going through the words at the top. We did something wrong though. We only saw the second half of the signs. We got numbers 6-10. I think we took a wrong turn at the beginning. Note to self: Do not go along any of the smaller paths. They are not designated paths and you may miss half the maze.

Although maybe it was good that we missed half of it, because it took the perfect amount of time. We were losing light as we reached the exit, although the maze is open past dark, so I don't think that would have been a problem. (I really wonder how they get everyone out at night.) They were plenty of other fun things to do. We did the duck races. We went on the giant slide many times. We ran in the large hamster wheels. We played some beanbags and bounced on the huge air pillow. We went through the big beast monster thing. (Less slimy than I expected innards to be.)

Then it was time to go home. Phew. Fun, fun, although a bit chilly. I'm so glad that Miranda got to go with us.

Somehow I never made it into a picture that night. But I was there. And at least I wasn't in trouble like these hoodlums.


I think we may go back again next year. I just need to start saving now.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

Sounds like a lot of fun was had by all. My memories of corn mazes are walking, and walking, and walking, and tripping, and walking.